Wednesday, January 11, 2006

A Sign of Hope in Winter

After working for several days of bleak midwinter in the mountains of northeastern Tennessee, I can verify that spring is still a good ways off. Not a leaf-bud or a jonquil to be seen.

I did, however, spot one hopeful sign of better times ahead: a young man picking up his two daughters at an elementary school had a bumper sticker on his car that said MY KIDS CAN'T AFFORD FOR ME TO VOTE REPUBLICAN.

I've looked online for a supplier of those stickers, and can't find one. If you know of a place they're available for purchase, please drop me a note.

3 Comments:

At 1:37 PM, Blogger Rick Watson said...

Hey Dale,
If you find one, please let me know. I need one to replace my John Kerry bumper sticker. I keep it on my truck to piss off my republican co-workers.
I'm loving your blog.
Rick

 
At 10:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope there are no blogs in heaven. If there are, and if my mother reads yours, she will have one heck of a Republican fit!

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Dale said...

Thanks, Rick! I'll be on the lookout for that sticker. I'm really enjoying "Life 101," too.

Asa Faith: Good to hear from you! I'm sure hoping there are no blogs or politics in heaven, otherwise we'll all stay in a snit.

In fairness though, the Republican Party of today bears no resemblance to the Party that your mom, and many other people I love, have supported over the years. It's a totally different animal than it was 10 years ago, or even five, and I think our country is the poorer for it (both literally and figuratively) regardless of our political persuasion.

What's the weather doing in Walker County? There was a dark thunderstorm this morning straight out of "Raiders of the Lost Ark" that knocked our electricity off twice, but now it's cleared and there's a cold wind blowing so hard it knocked over the porch furniture.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats